Having had a game or two of Infinity many moons ago (even investing in a couple of starter sets which criminally have languished in my model tray) I was starting to get excited about this game again. And it seems the perfect time to look at this game again with Corvus Belli launching Infinity 3rd Edition.
To launch this new edition Corvus Belli are putting a load of shiny stuff into a box to start us all off.
Operation: Icestorm will be available in September and it is a totally new product in the Infinity catalogue. It will contain 14 miniatures belonging to two different armies, an introductory ruleset, scenery, dice. Everything you need to start collecting Infinity or just to complete your collection!
It has been designed as an introductory box for Infinity 3rd Ed., the largely awaited revision of this game, and it includes
- a full color 64 page rulebook with 5 tutorial missions to learn to play, making easy to understand the Infinity core mechanics. In this book you will also find the background and troop profiles of all the troops of the Battle Pack, being 3 of them totally new!
- A brief guide to the Infinity universe and how delve more deeply more on it.
- Two totally new and re-sculpted Starter Packs of two different factions, PanOceania and Nomads. Along with two exclusive miniatures, one per faction, only available in this Battle Pack. A total amount of 14 highly detailed metal miniatures.
- Ready-to-play cardboard scenery (4 buildings and 6 containers),
- A game mat,
- 6 twenty-sided dice (3 PanOceanians and 3 Nomads).
- Cardboard markers, and templates
- a measurement ruler.
The Corvus Belli crew were at GenCon and Team Covenant videoed the questions and answers seminar on the 3rd edition reveal from Carlos Llauger.
You can also get a little bit more of an insight from Craven Games who have a chat to Carlos as well.